Hundreds of public safety departments contact us each year about scheduling software solutions (because that is what we specialize in). Talking to these professionals in the industry, we learn a lot about different contract rules, scheduling rotations, and scheduling processes.
Need some inspiration for new schedules? Click here to download a list of 8-hour shift schedule examples
Since PlanIt Schedule is used throughout the country, many times we have people asking us
#1 - What other departments near us use your product?
#2 - Who are some of your competitors?
These are two great questions for a couple different reasons:
- You're going to get honest feedback from people using the system on a daily bases - pros and cons
- If a company can't give you any referrals, there is probably a reason for that...
- Finding out and researching competitors will allow you to see advantages/disadvantages of each
Now we, of course, find our scheduling software to be the "best" by providing the most features for the most affordable cost.
AKA receiving more bang for your buck.
But we want you to find that out for yourself and not just take our word for it.
Therefore, we have listed below some companies who also provide law enforcement scheduling software.
5 Scheduling Software Companies Include:
1. Kronos - Telestaff - Kronos was founded in 1977 in Massachusetts. They offer Workforce Telestaff for public safety but are providers for many other industries as well.
2. VCS - POSS - VCS was established in 1998 in New Jersey. VCS offers scheduling software for the general workforce, law enforcement, fire & rescue, and local government.
3. InTime - InTime is based in British Columbia and was founded in 1996. They focus on law enforcement, fire & rescue, and complex organizations.
4. Aladtec - Aladtec focuses on scheduling solutions for industries such as EMS, fire & rescue, law enforcement, dispatch, and healthcare. They originally created scheduling software in 2002 and became the official "Aladtec" in 2005.
5. ScheduleAnywhere - Schedule Anywhere offers their scheduling software to transportation, retail, government, energy, public safety, and healthcare. They were founded in 1991 in North Dakota.
A few reputable law enforcement sites that offer scheduling software company directories as well can be accessed here: PoliceOne scheduling software directory, Officer.com administrative software directory, and Police Magazine administration products & services.
So, there are some options to consider if you are collecting quotes for your new scheduling software.
While they all are options for law enforcement, they are not fitting for every agency.
A lot of variables come into play that makes each one of these options better for some departments than others.
Read about some of the variables here.
How much does it cost?
A lot of companies require you to contact them for a quote and will not tell you pricing upfront.
To give you an idea of what you're going to spend... check out this article:
If you would like an easier way to sort out what your department needs are and what solution is best for you, download our comparison worksheet!
Want a free tour of PlanIt Scheduling Software?
A demonstration of the software will show you all the essential functions of the system in just 35-45 minutes so that you can get a good feel for what it can do, in a short amount of time. We want to learn more about your organization and make sure you get all your questions answered. Click here to schedule a time to meet.
- 3 Types of 10 Hour Shift Schedules to Cover Round the Clock
- Excel vs. Generic Scheduling Software vs. Police Scheduling Software
- 5 Tips to Get the Most Out of Law Enforcement Conferences